Leading scientists from around the world have come together to focus on climate-related research, with the aim of identifying key and important focus areas which are to be discussed at COP27.
This year (2022), the scientists involved have focused on climate change and how it interacts with other drivers of risk. These risks include the COVID-19 pandemic, conflict, the food crisis and challenges that come from development.
The final 10 new insight topics include:
- Questioning the myth of endless adaptation
- Vulnerability hotspots cluster in ‘regions at risk’
- New threats on the horizon from climate-health interactions
- Climate mobility: From evidence to anticipatory action
- Human security requires climate security
- Sustainable land use is essential to meeting climate targets
- Private sustainable finance practices are failing to catalyse deep transitions
- Loss and Damage: The urgent planetary imperative
- Inclusive decision-making for climate-resilient development
- Breaking down structural barriers and unsustainable lock-ins
For more information regarding these insights, see their website: 10insightsclimate.science/.