The expectation to have a new outfit for every occasion and give into the #OOTD (outfit of the day) culture is having an extreme and horrifying impact on our planet.
Every year, Britons throw away a staggering £140 million worth of wearable clothes, making the textile industry the second largest polluters on the planet.
In 2022, a lot of us are now reconsidering our approach to fashion and style with a stronger focus on sustainability and the wonderful world of rentals go some way to tackling environmental issues and create a circular economy. They also have the added benefit for giving you access to a stream of fresh, new styles and designs, without succumbing to fast fashions. What’s more, you can be seen with a vintage Chanel bag without the hefty price tag!
The fashion rental services tend to operate on a pay-per-hire or subscription-based model. There’s also peer-to-peer rental services, described as the ‘Airbnb of fashion’.
Take a look at 10 of the best:
- Endless Wardrobe – www.Endlesswardrobe.com
- Hurr Collective – www.Hurrcollective.com
- Rotaro – www.Rotaro.co.uk
- Hirestreet – www.Hirestreetuk.com
- Cocoon Club – www.Cocoon.club
- By Rotation – www.Byrotation.com
- On Loan – www.Onloan.co
- Nuw – www.Thenuwardrobe.com
- My Wardrobe HQ – www.Mywardrobehq.com
- Baukjen – www.Baukjen.com